Chris Bean's
Blog the vegetable

  • Chris Bean

RETIREMENT | Social Security for Divorcees

If you have a friend or family member whose lifetime earnings were lower than their ex’s lifetime earnings, there are options to claim some of the ex’s Social Security Benefits in retirement.

They must:

  • · Be at least 62 years old

  • · Be currently unmarried

  • · Have been married to that ex-spouse for at least 10 years

Even if their ex has not filed for Social Security benefits, they can still claim them.

If you know someone who might benefit from reviewing whether they can increase their Social Security benefits please encourage them to speak with their financial or tax advisor. They may also contact our office and we will be happy to help.

Recent Posts

See All